I was just looking over old, old, blog entries, and I've come to the conclusion that my blog (at least, in my opinion) used to be wildly entertaining and has been in a gradual decline ever since, oh, early 2009. After giving it minutes of thought, I've decided that this is a result of a few changes:
1. Less time with three cute adorable nephews who say hilarious things
2. Less time with funny and/or kind-of-not-so-smart-sometimes students. I mean, really, they were the source of most of my blog fodder.
3. I'm in grad school, and everyone knows that grad school is boring.
4. I moved from Berkeley, which everyone knows is not boring, to Salt Lake, which, well...
4. Blog fatigue? It's possible...
5. WAIT. It just came to me. Blog began it's gradual decline when my foot got run over i.e. JUMPING PICTURES WERE NO LONGER A POSSIBILITY. And then Blog lost its magic.
So, in an effort to save my blog, I've decided to return to the scene of former jumping blog posts of glory. I am officially in North Carolina for Season 2 of Aunt-Nanny: Winston-Salem. Although this time I'm here for a wee bit less time, hopefully my nephews will admirably perform their duties and enliven my blog a bit. This might potentially take the form of me introducing the wonders of jumping pictures to three small children.
But first, a little taste of my first few days here:
Two nights ago, I walk past the boys' room and overhear Grant singing himself to sleep. I creep up to his door to hear what song he's singing and catch this:
"You spin me right round, baby, right round, like a record baby, right round round round...."
I haven't asked Alexis, but Scott has no idea how he knows that song.
2 comments:
Is it the Chipmunks? My kids sing all those songs, haha. Have fun with your nephews!!
I laughed out loud! Your blog must be doing something right:)
Post a Comment