Thursday, May 27, 2010

Nothing beats sittin' in a dinghy.

Sometimes I get jealous when my moneyed friends go on fancy foreign vacations.

But really, there are few things better than the lovely views proferred by my favorite island, or the fact that I can go on long, leisurely bike rides or row around in my lil' dinghy watching the ferries go by. Or walk on driftwood logs whilst watching a sea lion/seal/sea otter (have you gathered that I can't tell them apart?) hunt the enormous school of fish jumping out of Whatmough Bight. So forget you, Ireland/Greece/Caribbean cruises/everywhere else cool. I'll just go to Lopez. See ya' around.





6 comments:

Mama Thompson said...

amen sister...

Yolanda Taylor said...

It is gorgeous!! I am so jealous that you get to have such a beautiful day while it is rainy here in the East Bay :( I am glad that you are enjoying yourself - nothing like nature to rejuvenate one's soul!

http://the-world-outside-my-window.blogspot.com/

Lindsey T said...

You're so lucky to have such a cool place to go whenever you want! I would LOVE that! It looks so pretty!

Melissa said...

It's so pretty! I am glad you are enjoying yourself. Our family needs to find our own "Lopez" to escape to.

The Koffords said...

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to be sitting in a dingy in Lopez....that place is so relaxing and heavenly.

dkkemp said...

I love that island! I wish I went with you! It's the perfect spot, it really is.