Today at the pool, a 3 year-old girl sporting a pink life-jacket and a southern accent swam up to me and said precisely the following:
Girl: "Hey, that lifeguard was here yesterday!"
Me: "Yeah, I guess she worked two days in a row!"
Girl: "Yeah, hee hee, you love me don't you?
Me: "I do!!!"
Girl: "I can't swim, can I??"
(paddles away)
When I repeated the exchange to Alexis, she replied, in a high-pitched voice: "I live in a world of rainbows and unicorns!"
4 comments:
better than a kid you don't know telling you that you're bad luck =)
love your posts, mackenzie! glad you're enjoying time with the fam!
I love that I am totally laughing out loud right now...and have tears in my eyes...more from Alexis' comment then the randomness that is that 3 year-old.
I'm laughing so hard I'm in tears. And I certainly love that you told her you loved her :)
Wow. It's Bree with a Southern accent. I had the most uncomfortable encounter with a family of misfits in the Children's room at our library recently...their parents should outline what is and isn't appropriate to share with strange adults.
Post a Comment