Monday, June 21, 2010

Portugal. So hot right now.

These are my favorite people right now, in this order:

1. The Portuguese national futbol team.



2. Everybody else.

(In case you haven't heard, Portugal just whooped on North Korea 7-0 in the World Cup. But really, you should have heard about it by now. On a related note, the North Korea goalkeeper was quoted as saying something along the lines of, "I'm not just a goalie. I'm protecting the gates of the motherland." In that case, you've just been invaded.)

VIVA PORTUGAAAAALLLLLL!!!!!!!



(Side note: you know how there's that stereotype of guys sitting on the couch watching football, totally in the zone, and completely tuning out everything else, like their wife repeatedly asking them to take out the trash? I get that now. This morning when I was watching the game, one of my nephews - I don't even remember who, it's all kind of vague...I don't even think I took my eyes off the TV - came and asked me for something, and I'm pretty sure I actually grunted at him.)

1 comment:

Sharalea said...

Fabulous!

Love all those flying red & green flags--makes my portuguese heart so proud!!