My mom left a voicemail tonight explaining how she was talking to my little nephew Grant today. He's three. She was explaining how Scott and Cam and Burke are her 'boys,' and how I am her 'girl,' to which Grant calmly replied, "I love Mackenzie....She's my favorite." I realize that this is a very common phrase for Grant - he might see something for the first time and proclaim that it is, indeed, his favorite. But the fact that he even remembers who I am is probably enough...plus, I'm sure he said it in his cute, sweet little three year-old voice with his adorable r's and substituting a 'k' sound for b's and p's....I love my little Grant-Grant, and Nate and Bennett too. Honestly, when I'm having a cruddy day, I usually just start thinking about how wonderful my summer was with Scott and Alexis and the boys, and it makes me feel genuinely good and content inside.
Best summer ever.
P.S. Thanks again, Dad, for getting me gas for $2.69!!
1 comment:
We feel the same way! Everytime I find myself at the park alone with the kids, or on a long drive with all of them... I just think... man I miss Mackenzie!!!!
Post a Comment