Thursday, February 28, 2008

Powder Princess

Ok. I have to comment on how inaccurate my blog title is. First of all, the (hopefully) annual ski trip to Snowbird, UT, with the fam involved absolutely no powder whatsoever this year. Second, I resent being called a princess. I simply lack creativity and couldn't come up with a better title. Hopefully this trend of "settling" in regards to titling my blogs will not encroach upon other areas of my life. Like buying quality peanut butter. I've tried to go cheap, but Skippy Creamy is really the only brand I can handle. Likewise, while I claim to love pancakes, I actually only like Bisquick. I refuse to go for anything else, and past attempts have left me sorely disappointed.
Anyway, this particular week had been the best in a while. First, on Sunday I had ridden my bike to the Berkeley marina to get some fresh air and read a bit, and then on Monday I went hiking at Point Reyes to further appease my nature craving, and then by the end of the week the Snow's were skiing the slopes. Um, so I pretty much love being with my family. It tops everything else. Unfortunately, several members couldn't be present, and they were sorely missed, but Dad, Rusty, me, Scott, Nate, and EVERY OTHER SNOW FAMILY MEMBER (read: exaggeration) managed to make it. It was a full house up there at the little condo at Iron Blosam (no, that is not a spelling error - I hate typos, so I had to clarify.), but it was SUPER good to see everybody - Marci and her kids, Linda and her kids, David and his kids, etc., as well as my good buddy Matt, who was quickly chosen as a Snow family favorite (joining the ranks of Squirt pop, Phase 10, and Buffy).

Trip Highlight: Watching my adorable nephew Nate learn how to SKI!!! HE LOVED IT! AND HE WAS AMAZING! Which was, you know, exactly what we expected. It's in his blood. If you're curious (do it), watch Nate ski.
The skiing was mostly groomers, but it was still awesome. I love skiing. I love my family. It was the best just skiing for a couple days with Dad and Scott and the whole gang cuz I miss 'em pretty much all the time.

3 comments:

courtney said...

holy crap--that video made me so so nervous. how is skiing not the most dangerous thing in the world? and the idea of someone skiing AND holding that camera makes me nauseous. seriously, i was tense the whole time. i watched it with the sound off and for some reason felt sure that the crowd was probably clapping and cheering at the bottom of the hill when he stopped.

The Snow Family said...

Hi Aunt Kenzie, it's nate. I hope you had a fun time seeing me ski. I love you. Are you going to come see me again soon?

Megs said...

Loved the blog, loved the video, mixed feelings about the title. If you ever get stumped and need help, I'm super awesome at creative titles. On this one for example, I would suggest: "We Went Skiing" or "Family Ski Trip". And that's just off the top of my head.