Conversation between me and my brother Scott this morning, via text:
Scott: It's a girl!!
Me: YES!!! I KNEW IT!!! (Alexis and I just had a conversation yesterday, again, about this very point.)
Me: Also, am I allowed to tell the facebook world that I am finally getting a niece?
Scott: Might want Alexis to announce it first.
Me: Oh right, that.
Me: Tell her to hurry. Can I call Mom?
Scott: Sure.
IT'S JUST SO MUCH TO KEEP IN. Don't get me wrong, I dearly love my nephews (who you all should love, too, by now considering how many pictures/stories you've seen/heard about them), but Snow's don't typically have girls, and thus, this is kind of a big deal. Plus, this means that my niece and I will both be solo girls with three brothers, and we all know that's kind of a tender thing.
Also, on a sidenote, I sent a news article to my brothers a couple months ago articulating all the positive side effects that sisters have on their brothers. Scott and Burke both emailed back with messages along the lines of "I'm not convinced." That pretty much sums up our family dynamic. (i.e. sarcastic as all get out. Or at least that's what I tell myself to explain the above message and make myself feel better.)
P.S. I feel this urge to provide a picture of Baby Niece. But I don't know what her face looks like. So I google-imaged "baby face with question mark." It didn't work.
2 comments:
I am sooo thrilled! Another niece...I think I am just so excited for lex b/c you know she has been itching to shop for girls clothes but has totally been downplaying it and trying to not get her hopes up! She will be one well protected lady with three boys looking out for her!
Hurray!
Post a Comment