Saturday, October 9, 2010

Don't act like you can't tell it's an elephant pumpkin.

Tonight Jen and I carved an elephant pumpkin. Also, I keep accidentally typing "pumpking," and frankly, I think it might be more appropriate.

We were trying to figure out what to carve - everyone knows that's the hardest part - and I said, "Um...I have no idea....AN ELEPHANT." And Jen calmly replied, "Okay I'll get a knife."  That's why I like Jen. She just goes with the flow.


Aside from being master pumpking carvers, we were also mission companions. Twice, actually. As it turns out, pumpking carving is similarly much more successful when done in pairs.

3 comments:

L said...

I also had a companion that I was companions with twice! It was the neatest experience. We were companions in the MTC, and then again during the very last month of our missions. It was so neat to be able to see how much each of us had grown over a year and a half, both as individuals, and in our ability to be a companion. She and her husband and four (four!) girls now live in the same city I do, and until a few months ago we were in the same ward. Que bencao! (Pretend the c had a , and the a had a ~)

And, I LOVE the elephant pumpking. What a brilliant idea!

Melissa said...

I definitely see the elephant. We need some carving skills like that around here for when Carson says I want my pumpkin to look like this (makes a face) with arms like this (positions his arms) and legs....you get the picture :)

Happy October!

Tina said...

Totally an Elephant...thing...No, just kidding, I can so see it!