After a two-month sabbatical from my life, I have officially returned to Utah and moved into a new place. It's kind of adorable, has three (narrow) stories and flowers planted out front, and two really great roommates who live inside. (These are Roommates #32 and 33, including the mission and not counting people I've lived with twice. Impressive, no?)
And look at how huge and high-ceilinged my room is! (Please compare to
last year's.)

I would like to point out that the cords coming out of that TV connect directly to my new PS2/Guitar Hero that Burke so generously donated (note: video games are a waste of time. Guitar Hero, however, is not actually a video game. I like to consider it a tutorial, of sorts, because it teaches an actual skill). Also, two pieces of furniture in my room are made of cardboard (and no, I am not referring to the cardboard box of files sitting in front of the bookshelf), and when I lost one of the shelf pegs on my bookshelf, I jimmy-rigged one out of a paperclip. This is very crafty and economical of me.
I loved this room immediately. And I have to admit, I'm actually kind of...dare I say it...
excited to be in Utah right now. North Carolina was fantastic. Seattle was great for the two days I was there. But this morning I went to the Farmer's Market (purchases: new basil plant, honey, beets, cheese bread, and cherries), and next week I'm making a quick trip to California to see Burke in his new place (yes, I'm bringing Guitar Hero) and Courtney before she's off to LA, and then Megan and I are going camping/hiking down in Zion's, and there have been all kinds of friends around in town. Utah is sort of a central location. I like that.
3 comments:
I can't wait! Let's hope we don't keel over from heat stroke.
Have a wonderful trip with Megan! I enjoy popping in on your blog, Mackenzie. You are a lot of fun to follow. :)
Oh, I wish I was there! Have fun hiking, and I do love your room, but most of all I love how much you have always loved your rooms and have everything just so!
Post a Comment