Things of Note:
Valle Crucis' community park has an amazing creek that was PERFECT for swimming. Unfortunately, we didn't know it was there and arrived unprepared. So the boys jumped in with their shorts on and Bennett stripped down to his diaper, and I remembered my funnest summers swimming down at the river with Emily. There is nothing I like swimming in more than rivers.
This is the Mast General Store. It's huge and chock-full of random stuff, including local jams, preserves, and baking mixes with all sorts of southern specialties (e.g. hush puppy mix), pretty placemats that I bought fro $1.50 each, and toys and candy galore. I bought a pecan roll (YUM) and gummy bottles. Alexis and I had a standoff over whether they were cola or root beer. The package didn't say. I went with root beer, but I think I'm wrong. And I bought pumpkin butter.
1 comment:
pumpkin butter!
Post a Comment