Sunday, July 4, 2010

I know you've been waiting for these.

I'm just going to be really honest. When my friends' blogs get dominated by pictures/stories of their children, sometimes I think, "UGH. Seriously?" This means that I am a bad person, and we can all just let that go. Especially since I pretty much do the same thing when I have extended stays with my nephews.

So here come the pictures. I will point out that they have been specifically requested by some, but they're mostly members of the family who have been deprived of pictures by Alexis' lack of blogging. I officially apologize to all of my single friends who should have no incentive whatsoever to look at pictures of children of people they don't even know. You are excused from continued reading.

This post is just miscellaneous stuff, with more to come on more organized posts in a minute...

This picture pretty much sums up my time there, i.e. pure joy.

We played a LOT of Sorry and Sardines...like, every day, multiple times. (Warning: Sorry - "The Game of Sweet Revenge," according to the box - is not always the best game for sensitive children who have difficulty when they don't get their way. However, I will say that it teaches kids to be tough and deal with adversity. Sometimes we get sent back to Start just before we've made it to Home. And you just learn to deal with it.)

Bennett cleaned house.

Staring down the firefly they caught and waiting for it to light up again. (Alexis: "Is Bennett sitting on my dining room table with his shoes on?" Me: "Uhh...")

Movie Night at the Ball Park: The Sandlot.



Look at that sweet face!

A couple nights before I left, Nate and I crawled onto my bed to finish reading James and the Giant Peach. When I cracked open the book, Nate goes, "...I'm really gonna miss you when you leave."

(Sniff, sniff...) Ditto, little man.

2 comments:

Megs said...

It's just so hard to resist posting adorable kid photos. Great stories. Your nephews are lucky guys.

The Koffords said...

Thanks for the pictures of my nephews....considering Lex has not posted in what seems like a YEAR!!! Nate is getting sooooo tall. I love those boys can't wait to see them.