I have always wanted to live in something that one could justifiably call a nook. My room in Berkeley was the master bedroom. It was much larger than I required. I could have made twin snow angels side by side and still have had plenty of unoccupied floor space. But now, I officially live in a nook. Sure, I can't sprawl out on the floor anymore, but now there's no need because nooks aren't for sprawling.
It's actually a little smaller than it looks. And yes, folks, the ceiling is that low.
Guys, I love love love this room, oh, I heart it. It's just my own little corner, and when I look at my bookshelf, sometimes I just sigh with a contented smile on my face, and sometimes I stand in front of it with my hands clasped together just looking at it and thinking about my books...And I love my little desk....and my pretty pillow....and my little pictures....and my little lamp....and when I was in Seattle, I went to bed one night thinking, "oh, I just love my little room..." (and it's CHEAP.)
You are all welcome to visit.
Other things. Ahem:
1. Utah is phenomenal because I manage to see people that I have not seen in ages. People (ok, Mormon people, specifically) often manage to make it out here. For example, in the last four days, I have seen Emily, Jen, Jessica, Laticia, Melissa, Megan, Curt, and Sarah. Most of these people I have not seen for at least three years. Unfortunately, I only took a picture of me, Megan, and little Bree, but none of the pictures turned out well, so I went with the poorest.
2. Happy birthday, Me:
6 comments:
I left you a happy birthday message on Facebook after realizing what a crappy friend I am for remembering it so late. But I don't think you check facebook regularly, so "Happy Birthday" from a thoughtless friend. Sorry! It was awesome to see you!
I too am thoughtless and didn't wish you a happy birthday...I have recently realized that way too many people have birthdays in August...but your birthday I should never forget...so I blame my illness...I think I coughed out a lot of my brain...I'm just saying!
I love your little nook! I also love the things you find joy and delight in - like your beautiful bookcase, your nook, and all the other funny things you enjoy like reading your own blog!
Happy late birthday Kenz! Your nook is very cute and your foot is looking great.
foot is looking sensational (though the toenails in combo with the wound are a bit macabre). and i love your pillow--whenever i get worried that you won't like it in utah, i remember that you have that pillow and things will be juuuuust fine.
That was a fun post! I miss you! And I absolutely love your nook! How cozy! And that pillow is sure adorable! Where did you get it?? Steamed basil looks nasty, by the way. Nice work on buying that cute little potted plant!
Post a Comment