Monday, August 24, 2009

Why Ya Gotta Be a Hater, Albertson's? Part Deux

People, there is a conspiracy against me. Aside from depriving me of fully half of my normal items of consumption, I have just discovered that Albertson's has also officially stopped carrying my conditioner. What IS this???

And I investigated the fresh mozzarella situation a bit more - they've managed to provide a braid of seasoned fresh mozzarella for a mere $8, plus a little blob of fresh mozzarella wrapped in prosciutto, but they can't handle just, you know, regular fresh mozzarella. This baffles me.

They also carry three different brands of genuine Mexican cheeses (and no, I'm not talking about Kraft Mexican Blend), proving that they at least recognize that people enjoy food with Mexican influence, which prompts me to once again pose the question - where is the cilantro?

The only thing making this situation a tad bit better is that they do carry a brand of Havarti cheese that is impossibly creamy and delicious, plus I just ATE MY PLANT! That's right, folks, Basil is still alive, well, and tasty after a full 48 hours. We had a bit of a crisis yesterday when I realized that I had actually begun the process of killing it after less than 24 hours. It was all sad and droopy and I think it had heat stroke (unconfirmed diagnosis). I, um, kind of cried a little (what can I say, I get attached) and prayed very fervently for said plant to LIVE and now it is occupying a little spot on my desk underneath my lamp and it appears to be quite happy and significantly perkier. Just in case you wanted that update.

4 comments:

Mama Thompson said...

Go to Harmons...sometimes more expensive the Albertsons...but the one by my house has a tremendous selection of cheeses...just bought myself a block of Asiago on Saturday and I am pretty sure I have seen mozzarella floating in some murky stuff there too...

Hildamae said...

Or try a Maceys....They usually have a good selection of different things like that, and ALWAYS have cilantro. How can you cook without cilantro?

Unguren said...

The have two kinds of fresh mozzarella at costco. Also I am glad that your plant is surviving. My basil plant guy said that if you pick the buds/flowering part off the top of the plant it will make it grow better...just a thought.

Kelli said...

Albertson's....we all know you will continue to go there for the papery carton milk... :)

Try Tony Caputo's deli for the fresh mozzarella. It is next door to the Farmer's market on the north side. Don't know how much it is but I know I have had a fresh mozzarella, tomato, and balsamic vinegar sandwich there that I am pretty sure they serve in heaven.