Friday, August 14, 2009

Things I Blog About When My Roommates Aren't Home to Hear It

Couple things...

1. Someone should invent heat-proof make-up. I'm always mildly irritated when I open the oven door, forget not to shove my head in there like an ostrich, and my mascara melts and bakes onto my eye lashes.

2. Isn't it kind of ironic that you can buy saltine crackers without salt? Aren't they then just....crackers?

3. I picked up another job today mentoring student-athletes up at the U. This is the third job I will be sporting this fall, on top of taking classes. May be a bad idea. We'll see.

4. This happened a few weeks ago, but whenever I get impatient/depressed about Foot's progress (it's actually doing okay, considering), I wish that I could accidentally blow up another jar of honey in the microwave.* It's always good for a laugh.**

*I don't know what "cooling rate issues" they're talking about, but #3 could probably be revised to include other disastrous consequences of overheating. Although it did indeed "prevent [me] from proceeding"...

**Bar Heckler A: "Craaazy ooold Maurice..."
Bar Heckler B: "He's aaalways good for a laugh..."
Gaston: "Crazy old Maurice, hmmm, crazy old Maurice, hmm...Lafou, I'm afraid I've been thinking..."
Lafou: "A dangerous pasttime--"
Gaston:"--I knoooooww...."

1 comment:

courtney said...

** is particularly clever.