Sunday, December 14, 2008

Raw Athleticism + American Gladiators + Jerry Springer = ....

...American Roller Skating Derby!!!

Ashley decided to celebrate her birthday in style, and since her birthday is on the anniversary of the bombing of Pearl Harbor, it was only right that we go and watch the Bay City Bombers in action.

I was expecting good solid entertainment - I had heard that women skated around a track and that, at times, it got a bit brutal. I was excited. But I was underprepared for what it ended up being:

A little of this...




And a LOT LOT LOT of this...(note the referee in tight, shiny pleather pants and the coach in the red jacket...)




This is America at its best.


2 comments:

Mama Thompson said...

I always look forward to your blog posts...but I was in no way prepared for this delightful post! AWESOME...thanks for taking videos for all to enjoy!

Tina said...

Hey, did you know Rachel (Reynolds) Telford just got into this a few months ago. Pretty exciting stuff!