Thursday, December 4, 2008

It's That Time of the Month

1. Today one of my delightful students picked up another student's duffle bag full of sports gear and asked, bewildered, "Why does he have a suitcase? Is he running away?"

2. Yesterday I forced a student serving a lunch detention to put up some Christmas lights for me (painful detention, I know. I try to make sure it's so scarring they won't want to come back), and then we hung up some snowflakes (which I folded, cut, and glittered when I was in college...good times.) Point being, my classroom is all decorated and festive. So today, out of nowhere, Nico asks, "This is your time of the month, huh, Ms. Snow?" Another student and I look at him like, "um...you can't say that to teachers...," and he says, "You know, Christmas time!"

I had been a bit irritated, but I didn't think it was that obvious...

Happy December 4.

3 comments:

Mama Thompson said...

Could you send some of your lunch detentionees to my house to hang some lights for me...I could sure use the help!

DaeSung said...

Haha... thats clasic. ^^ Maybe the student should have gone with "your time of the year"

alisa said...

thanks for the reminder of the live nativity--we were so good in that!