This Labor Day, I went to a sheepdog herding competition.
BEFORE YOU JUDGE, know that it was the most entertaining thing I've been to in a LONG time (insert joke here about a lackluster social life ha ha ha NOT TRUE).
I'm serious. Dogs are so smart. It was the most amazing thing. Ever.
Observe:
Sheepdog herding (dogs are smart, sheep are dumb. We were blindsided by how entertaining and INTENSE sheep herding is. I think Natalie said it best: "I was not prepared to care so much.")
K-9 police dog demonstration (We might have gone to this twice. Think bloodhounds, dogs who can smell 22 different kinds of bombs, dogs who can make judgment calls - like people! - about what constitutes a threat, etc., etc., point being, dogs are so smart.)
Sled dog demonstration (they were SO EXCITED to get hooked up to that thing. The handlers could hardly hold them back. They love pulling sleds!!)
Dock diving
Bagpipes
Fair food (we might have downed a bag of fresh donuts in about five minutes)
Friend Natalie
And other things.
It was my happiest Labor Day.
2 comments:
My brother's in laws train and show sheepherder dogs. I thought it was a little odd when I first heard about this, but hey, to each his own. Glad you enjoyed!
Actually, I think I am a little jealous of not being there myself.
Post a Comment