...but please allow me to complain for one brief moment.
(Disclaimer: this post is worthless and might get deleted once I get over this. Don't feel obligated to read it.)
Shopping and doing my hair are two of the most depressing things. I truly hate both of them, and am saddened that they will most likely be a part of my life for many, many years to come.
1) I know I have a tendency for being a bit dramatic, but I am stating in all seriousness that I cannot, for the LIFE of me, find a skirt. Just a simple, affordable skirt that is relatively attractive and well-fitting. That's all I want. I look around at all these girls, and they all have these skirts, and I am genuinely, honestly baffled at how easy they make it look. This confusion and frustration is causing me actual sorrow right now. I seriously don't get how girls find skirts to wear. It's an actual mental problem that I am trying to solve, and I'm gettin' nowhere.
2) My hair. I don't want to do it anymore. I barely spend more than 5 minutes on it now, and it's still too much. It's so hard to work up the motivation to look at it, let alone try and style it. Plus, I just want someone to cut it decently for me, and I don't want it to cost $75. Why does this have to be so hard? Why can't this thing that I'm supposed to do every day just be a little bit cheaper and simpler?? I've started just pulling my hair up every day in this hideous bun-thing with hair sticking out every where for work, and I don't even care. I would so much rather look bad right now than do my hair ever, ever again.
That's it. Thanks for letting me vent, guys.
5 comments:
I completly understand, I hate shopping. Which is why when my mom comes to visit she drags me out to do it. Nothing ever fits the way it should. Maybe you can hang in there till you get to Utah and then a hair cut will be cheaper, good luck it is frusterating!!
I am sooooooooooo with you on the skirt thing...I want to push girls down that flit about in their cute little skirts. Seriously, hold them to the ground and demand they tell me where they got it and how much they paid. I have been on a mission to find a skirt for the past 2 months and I am so irritated...maybe if I was willing to pay $50...but I am NOT...how bout a cute $20 skirt...is it too much to ask?
The last couple of cute skirts I found were at a second hand store...and I paid less than 10. However, you have to be in a mood to adventure in there. I also agree about the hair thing...I think putting on make-up and doing your hair is a daunting chore....I have always wished we were all bald and could just wake-up and put a cute wig on...we could be any color or style we choose...kind of like an accesory! Now I've raunted....love you!!!!!
I bought my first skirt since my mission just last week! Let's see - 5 years ago was the last time I bought a skirt I liked in looks and price. Last week I came across a skirt at ROSS. It was in the wrong area and even size - I DON"T know how I found it, but I did. I feel your pain about a skirt. I've often contemplated sewing a skirt. It can't be TOO hard...can it?
Here here! I totally agree with everything you said! I'm going to start dressing and cutting my hair like a boy so my life will be simpler!
Post a Comment