Sunday, November 2, 2008

Lycklig Halloween!

Translation: Happy Halloween! (in Swedish. I take no responsibility for any inaccuracies in said translation).

This Halloween, because the only idea I came up with (actually, Mark Pahnke can take credit for that) was Pippi Longstocking, I decided to be....Pippi Longstocking.

Things I Had Forgotten about Pippi:

1. Her full name is Pippilotta Delicatessa Windowshade Mackrelmint Ephraimsdaughter Longstocking (Swedish translation: Pippilotta Viktualia Rullgardina Krusmynta Efraimsdotter Långstrump).

2. She's Swedish.

3. She lives in an old house in Villa Villekulla with her monkey, Mr. Nilssen, and an old horse aptly named Old Man.

4. She has incredible strength. For example, she can lift Old Man with one hand (she actually carries him around places instead of riding him).

5. Her braids stick out because they are braided so tightly.

6.. Her dad is a sea captain, and the only person who can match her extraordinary strength. His ship and crew (of whom Pippi is the most capable and seafaring) washed ashore on an island, where he is now "fat white chief" and Pippi is Princess Pippilotta (when she comes to visit).

7. Wikipedia did not say anything about her sleeping upside-down in her bed, although this is one of the few facts I remember about her.

8. She is extremely intelligent in an unconventional way, and is quite crafty and tricky with adults she deems foolish.

9. She is an exceptional liar/tall-tale teller.

10. For more of the same information, go here.

Ghoulish friends:

3 comments:

alisa said...

wow, tall chris looks so short. he he he.

ReaRiahRoa said...

I made it onto your blog! Yeah.

It was a really fun party - cops crashing it and all ...

Megs said...

Great costume! My favorite is the tall midget. I couldn't figure out if the one girl is supposed to be a clown or a geisha...