This year was pretty low-key....I arrived Sunday evening and we made plans for all the things we were going to cook. Tuesday we started cooking. Wednesday night we set the table and kept cooking. Thursday we finished cooking and ate a Thanksgiving feast that will go down in the Hall of Fame. Friday we decorated for Christmas, and me and Cam went and saw a festive flick. Monday was of no importance whatsoever because I did nothing festive except think about festive things.
Moments of Glory:
1. Dining with Cornucopias
3. Mike cooking a turkey coated in sage butter, wrapped in bacon, and doused with maple syrup. Agreed by all to be the best turkey on record. Everything is better with sage. And butter.

4. Spending a whole week with Mom
5. Eating Thanksgiving with Mom, Mike, Cam, and a plethora of the fabulous Albrecht's (Mike's fam). "I'll take that with a cup of sage, please."
6. Christmas trees. Yes, the tree is but a mere imitation of the real thing. I'm totally against it. However, it was pretty smashing nonetheless.
7. Hanging out with the Jones Girls. I have a rad extended family.
Let The Season begin.
6 comments:
So sad I couldn't hang out and play Friday night...hopefully I will get to see you soon! Glad you got to spend so much time with your family!!!!
Oh my, it looks delicious. A buttered and baconed turkey. Reminds me of a Simpsons episode (Homer: "Bart, butter up that bacon." Bart: "But Dad, my heart hurts.") I'll have to try it sometime! Love the gorgeous tree! Reminds me of what mine used to look like back in the pre-children days.
It was so good to see you Wednesday! Thanks for coming over. Carson wants to know where you live now.
YEAH! I'm so excited you had a great thanksgiving and I am looking forward to posts celebrating your favorite time of year!
i'm pretty sure your obsession with christmas has become my favorite thing about christmas. and those pies look spectacular!
Are you saying it was better than the deep fried bird you had here?? Was it as moist?? Really... be honest. Looks like a fabulous party.. why haven't you whipped up those lovely pies for me? I love pie!! Send me that recipe. Miss you! I could SO use you around her to get my house in the Christmas spirit. Not one decoration up yet... you would be horrified.
Post a Comment