Thursday, April 3, 2014

We're Going to Have a Baby! (In case anyone reads this anymore.)

I haven't blogged in 5 months. Pretty sure I only blogged a couple times in 2013. Sometimes I think that I may as well just give up on it because surely no one even notices anymore if I post something, but then I get bored at work and start reading my blog for old times' sake and realize that I still, just as much as ever, am my blog's #1 fan. It makes me smile when I read it, so I'm deciding not to give up on it and recommitting myself to blogging (again).

On a related note, the subject of La Blog came up with Ralph the other day, and he said, "Why don't you announce that you're pregnant on your blog and see how many people end up finding out?"

The idea came after we found out I was pregnant a couple months ago and starting toying with ideas of how to tell our families. Ralph decided that he would only tell his 17-year old nephew and see how long it took to spread to the rest of his family. I laughed imagining Ralph calling up this teenage boy, telling him we're going to have a baby, and then him quickly falling asleep or returning to his video games and forgetting all about it. Ralph is ballsy enough to actually do something like that, and to his nephew's credit, the rest of his family found out within a few hours.

Point being, we're gonna have a baby! I'm 9 weeks in and due November 7, which also happens to be my brother and nephew's birthdays, so it's a lucky day already.

Upcoming posts....Washington, D.C., adventures.



9 comments:

Yolanda Taylor said...

I still read your blog! Well, I do when you actually post something ;) CONGRATULATIONS!! So excited for you! I hope you post more often.

Austin said...

Congratulations! Good luck with all the preparation and decisions that lie ahead.

Mama Thompson said...

I'm super glad that I didn't find out on your blog :) I love you and am so happy for you!!!!

Sarah said...

Yay!! That is so exciting!!

Jaime Lynne said...

Congratulations! (I'm still a weird stalker/reader from Megan's blog.) This is such happy news.

Melissa said...

Best blog post EVER! I'm so excited for you Kenz! I love to read your blog and hope you do start posting more often. I am trying to get back into posting regularly on our blog also and, like you, I am totally my blogs number one fan! :)

Liz said...

woohoo! congrats from the wicherns! your blog comes up in my feed. and a good thing it does, this is very exciting!!

David and Melanie said...

Hooray! Congratulations!

emilybolles said...

Hey! Congratulations! That is awesome news! I still read your blog!