Well, I suppose now is as good a time as ever to update the old blog. I do enjoy it, but I also feel some responsibility to provide evidence/documentation of my whereabouts and comings and goings so my posterity will have some kind of record of something SINCE I HAVEN'T WRITTEN IN MY JOURNAL SINCE PRE-RALPH. Which is HORRIFYING. Actually makes me a little sick to my stomach thinking about it. Said posterity will hopefully forgive me when I write them a truly phenomenal personal history before I die.
A couple weeks ago I flew to North Carolina for Grant's baptism (best Holy Ghost talk ever, y'all...). It was awesome until the return trip, where I was stranded in the Phoenix airport for, oh, just an entire day. Flight benefits sometimes mean really awesome standby stories like boarding a plane for free and then finding your brother by surprise in first class, but also include watching paying passengers run panting up to the gate to claim their seat just in time while you dejectedly walk back to your chair and wait for the next flight. But when you DO get on, it's like winning the lottery. Which happened last weekend when I barely squeezed on a flight home from Phoenix, where I met up with my two favorite guys for Mariner's spring training.
Aren't they handsome?
That was right after this.
I guess it's good for me to know that my nerves never heal from injuries and generally require surgery. Dear cars and sharp river rocks, it's not funny anymore.
On an even more solemn note, I think I need a pintervention. I might snobbily scorn Facebook, to a certain extent, and Twitter to its fullest extent, but Pinterest has won me over. Aside from the fact that half the recipes and crafts on there require way more time than I would ever consider investing, dinner conversations still usually include telling Ralph that I'll pin the recipe to my "To Make Again" board, and at some point several crafts have been created - including, but not limited to:
I'm a little embarrassed....but also CRAZY KINDS OF PROUD. Because it just doesn't get much cuter than pom-pom dandelions. Methinks.
That's pretty much it. Although I suppose I should throw a holiday in here, since this is all for posterity's sake, anyway. Here's a shot of our first married Christmas. :)
1 comment:
Three things: LOVE the dandelions, confused about the elbow injury, and surprised that you were literally 15 minutes away from me in the airport all day, and you didn't call me!!!
Post a Comment