(ok, it might not look like it, but normally I do actually get a burger, too...but their chocolate banana shakes have REAL BANANA CHUNKS.)Those are my feet. I found a comfy log and read a book next to a creek located a mere 15 minutes from my house. 15 minutes is practically my backyard. I've always wanted a creek in my backyard!

That's "my" horse, Sugar. Sugar and I are buds. If anybody wants to come horseback riding up Beaver Canyon, I have a permanent invitation from an extremely generous (and very persistent) friend named Doug. He said to bring friends, so you're all invited.When I moved to California, I didn't know a single person there. Since I've moved to Utah, I've been surprisingly busy for someone unemployed because I have so many family and friends here that I get to see whenever I feel like it. Like Grandma and Grandpa Jones and all the Jones's at the family reunion. I'm going back to St. George later this summer to have Grandma teach me how to knit so I can be like that crazy evil lady in A Tale of Two Cities, Madame Defarge. Enemies, watch your back. (First victim: whoever decided that it was a good idea for Utah to have non-reflective road paint. Idiot!)
So Utah has some perks - family, friends, easy access to the great outdoors, good milkshakes...but I do miss these guys:


Utah's main drawback: no mangoes.
5 comments:
Can I just say that your hair is looking mighty fine in all these photos? Seriously... gorgeous! And is that supposed to be you doing a jumping picture while riding a horse? Never thought I'd see the day. You are too cute. I'm a bit worried about your post office stalker though. Absolutely report it to the post office manager. Creeeeeeepy. Maybe you should just move to North Carolina instead :)
awww. sniff sniff.
question: how spur of the moment could it be if you're wearing waders?
It was spur-of-the-moment for me, not for Doug. He already had the waders in the back of the truck.
ummmm....eh hem...uhhh....you don't miss me? interesting. you miss them but not me? i had no idea. harsh to find out this way, but good to know nonetheless.
what are you doing in august? you should come to switzerland with me for our birthdays. it's getting so close. hurray!
You and me may have to fight over sugar. I am just saying we were kinda BFF.
Plus they have mangos at costco that are good. Blake says they are similar to the ones from the Philippines. (the gold colored ones not the red ones)
And...it was good to see you at the reunion.
Post a Comment