Today, in honor of St. Patrick, the following conversation took place with one of my students:
Lorena: Ms. Snow, do the real leprechauns celebrate St. Patrick's Day?
Me: (blank stare) I'm sorry, what??
Lorena: You know, like, the leprechauns, I mean, I know they're not leprechauns...or...are they? What are they really called? Do they celebrate St. Patrick's Day?
Me: Are you talking about the Irish?
Lorena: Yeah, the Irish!!
Wow.
5 comments:
Steve says you are doing a real good with those 9th graders and he hopes you are not teaching social studies :) I laughed so hard and David was on ichat with him, so I had to read it to him...seriously...hilarious!
Oh my. The "real" leprechauns. Love it!
You've GOT to be kidding me......I'm speechless....
I miss the crap out of you, by the way! Are you still coming to see me next month??
This is my favorite comment EVER!
Does this make me part leprechaun? Because if so, then my claim to magical powers is much less ludicrous than most of my friends beleive it to be...I KNEW IT!!!
Post a Comment