Sunday, September 14, 2008

I'm just gonna ramble on about my popsicle for a minute.

I think I may have found a new best friend to replace my orange sweatshirt - Fruit Floes, from Trader Joe's. The lime ones are awesome, mango's okay, and the Caribbean one is pretty good except they have these long coconut shavings in them that sometimes interrupt my suckage.
Point being, it's an easily-made addiction that's hard to break. I had one on Friday after I went grocery shopping, and then two yesterday, and two today....and when I double up, they usually come back to back. I was sitting here reading someone's blog while eating a popsicle, and then I thought, "Maybe I'll blog about popsicles," and then I went and grabbed another one which I'm still eating right now so I'd have some inspiration, which explains why this post will most likely take a very.....long time. Sorry I had to pause right there because my mouth was freezing due to being wrapped hands-free around the popsicle to see how long I could withstand the painful freezing without taking it out of my mouth so I could keep typing with both hands. Typing with one hand is very inefficient, and I detest inefficiency. And then it dripped on my chair, which is really just fine cuz they don't have any artificial colors, so it won't stain. While we're on that topic, they also don't have any artificial flavors or even high fructose corn syrup.
So now that I'm all cleaned up and my popsicle's gone, here's my one complaint: They only come in boxes of four. This is only two days' worth. So my thought is, maybe Trader Joe's and Costco will team up to become Trader Jostco's, and then I could get 24 in a box so big it won't fit in my freezer, but at least then it'd get me through a solid couple of weeks.

6 comments:

dkkemp said...

I love the fact that you used the word "suckage" in your blog! haha! But I completely understand about the long shavings....it's like when I take a big gulp of orange juice and then having to chew for a half hour because of the massive amount of pulp....I detest pulp. Can't I just get a DRINK of orange juice?? If I wanted to chew, I'd buy an orange!

Mama Thompson said...

Now see...this post just makes me sad because we don't have Trader Joe's in UT...hohum!

Megs said...

Mmm, popsicles. Or, as Bree would say, "pollascols." By the way, you're hot. Just thought I'd remind you.

courtney said...

the fact that i'm reading your blog right now is a good sign for dinner tonight...

alisa said...

trader jostco's? fabulous. write up the business plan and i'll invest!

Whitney said...

Love those...since I did make you and Alexis eat them at my house this summer! She got all caught up on the coconut-stringy things too. Me - I'm a Lime girl.