Sunday, August 24, 2008

Things from Lately.

1. Alisa's Birthday! She celebrated via ultra-classy cocktail party minus real cocktails. She made a great hostess and Courtney made a great bartender minus the bar.
2. My birthday!! I'm 26! It was jointly celebrated with Amy, who had just defended her master's thesis about leaf miners. We all shared a lovely, intimate dinner that was followed by spice cake and pumpkin ice cream and strawberry peach cobbler and this chocolate thing I think, and then we found a really cool staircase.

3. Dessert night at my house. Pic is minus the desserts.
4. I set up my classroom! I am now officially a TENURED (don't get me started on how utterly ridiculous that is) third-year teacher in Room 60. Room 122 is sorely missed, but I'm kind of liking my new digs...and class has officially started. New stories to follow.
5. We went river rafting! Camera is not waterproof, so we took a lovely aftershot at In 'n Out. I don't know how to spell that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great birthday! Looks like a fancy celebration!

Megs said...

Happy birthday--I hope I emailed you or something...your classroom looks so intimidating to me! I totally admire you for being able to teach those HS kids.

Tina said...

I'm so proud of you teacher! By the way, I love all your jumping pictures and I know call them Kenzie pics. We had graduation Kenzie pics! When we go to Mount Rushmore I can guarantee a Kenzie Pic with the good ol' gents.