Sunday, August 10, 2008

Orange is not my color.

But OH I do so love to wear it!

Aside from loving where I work and proudly wearing our ghoulish Black & Orange every Friday, I recently purchased a sweatshirt that I am now officially in love with more than anything else I own. Thus (ahem), a jumping ode to my new best friend.:

And my own personal favorite, me and Nancy in a Doublemint commercial lookalike contest:

I wore it for three days straight. The neon orange sweatshirt became the brunt of many sarcastic jokes during our Lopez adventure. They were usually self-inflicted and ran along the lines of, "Here, let me go direct traffic so we don't get hit crossing the road," and "If I fall off the sailboat and drown, at least you'll be able to find my body," and (with the lights off), "Can you see me? Can you see me??"

By the way, there will be no more jumping pics for a long, long while. I'm pretty sure I've exhausted anyone's urge to look at them, and that Alisa and Courtney are probably pretty disgusted by how severely I've abused what was originally theirs. I do apologize. The quest for great jumping pictures quickly spiraled into an obsession that Scott and Alexis were in on and totally skilled at. Really, why stand when you can jump?

4 comments:

Mama Thompson said...

Okay....LOVE the orange sweatshirt...I too love that color, but it doesn't love me (it does love Dallin, so he wears it a lot)...LOVE your jumping pics and don't think you should end them..you are such a pro.

Next...I am so glad you had the summer to get to know your nephews and spend so much time with them and your family. I have loved seeing the pics and hearing your fun stories. I'm sorry that you are so sad leaving them...but I look forward to your blog as you get back into school!!!

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Gilmore told me on the day of 6th grade pictures that orange was not my color (I was wearing an orange turtleneck) To this day I am terrified of putting the color on, but it's still one of my favorites. You pull it off nicely I might add! And can I just say the Lopez pictures made me remember the good old days...4th of July a long long time ago, boating at night and seeing "glowing" waves, feeding apples to the deer, riding bikes into town, eating ice cream at Friday Harbor and watching Apollo 13 at the theater there...such good times. Sounds like you had a great summer. Good luck getting ready for another school year.

Megs said...

Love the sweatshirt! Where can I get one?

courtney said...

that doublemint pic is the berries.