Yesterday Grant asked me to play Duck Duck Goose with him. We were the only ones home.
ME: Honey, you can't play with two people.
Grant: Oh yes you can!!
ME: Ok, show me.
Imagine this: I sit cross-legged on the floor. Grant walks a full circle around me...just me...taps my head, and says, "Duck!" Then he walks around another full circle. "Duck!" I laugh, hard. This happens several times until he says, "Goose!" and runs away. I assume that this is where I am supposed to start chasing him. I feigned inability to catch him for a good loop through the kitchen and dining room, then it was my turn. "Duck." (Full circle) "Duck." (Full circle)...and so on.
Nostalgic Nugget: This reminds me of when my mom signed me up for an Auburn Parks and Rec day camp. We played Duck Duck Goose on wet grass and I sprained my ankle. There were also two girls there named Autumn and Kansas. I remember thinking those were odd names. These days, Autumn seems ok, but who names their daughter after Kansas?
Ok...Grant's calling me to go wipe his bum....
4 comments:
Cameron always wants to play games that are meant for more than 2 people. It's a challenge but I guess as long as they are having fun.
I love you and your blog...you just make me chuckle! I am so glad that you are able to be there with your nephews...
I have played that game with Carson before :). I guess Abby could sit in the circle also now, but since she doesn't stay sitting for more than two seconds that probably wouldn't work too well.
P.S. Why did Katherine Hiegl call?
don't do it!!! let him wipe his own bum.
Post a Comment