Thursday, July 28, 2011

What I Do When I Have Time i.e. LOOK WHAT I MADE!!!!

This was my last week before starting my new job Monday, and it inadvertently turned into Week of Baking 2011. First I made Pesto Parmesan Brioche, recipe courtesy of my favorite Lopez bakery (well, it's the only bakery on Lopez), and complete with homemade pesto. First it looked like this.
 But then it looked like this!
 Then I made sweet potato and black bean empanadas (roasted my very own poblano pepper and GROUND MY OWN ANCHO CHILE POWDER????)
 And then plum-peach-fresh ginger cobbler.
All were delightful and I wish you could have tried them all.

Also, I do not intend to make this a cooking blog. I was just SO PLEASED with myself I had to share.

7 comments:

Megs said...

Pesto Parm Brioche?! I need that recipe. That all looks amazing!

Jess said...

I wish I could have tried them all too.

David and Melanie said...

how beautiful!

Mama Thompson said...

So....when are you having me over for dinner?

my name is amy said...

those look amazing and delicious. especially that brioche. AMAZING. like fresh from a bakery AMAZING. good work, kenz.

The Snow Family said...

Yummmmmmm. I'm so impressed because I know how long those recipes are in the book!! I don't dare try them ;) Now you need to make that fresh peach pie recipe I sent you. Easy, quick and you will thank me! Miss you!

Connie said...

uh awesome