Tuesday, July 19, 2011

HOLY MOLY*

I have been on vacation with The Fam for three weeks. To various places and with various groups of people.

MANY THINGS HAPPENED IN THOSE PLACES AND WITH THOSE PEOPLE.

Thus, it overwhelms me to think about blogging it all, but I wish to, desperately, so related blog posts will be forthcoming. 

But I'll give you a little teaser with Cute Nephew Story #1. It didn't happen during said vacation, but was relayed to us by wee little Grant's parents. Apparently Grant's kindergarten class had a "Young Authors" presentation. During the "About the Author" part, each kid would list his/her favorite foods. So of course, every kid says hamburgers and pizza, because they're lamer (more lame?) than Grant, who said, "Tortellini, shrimp, and broccoli."

It reminded me of how in elementary school I always said pink and purple were my favorite colors. THEY WERE NOT. That peer pressure is a powerful thing. I'm glad Grant is a stronger kid than I was.

(In an unrelated side note, today I actually purchased something at Costco after I sampled it. This has never before happened in all of my Costco-sampling history, which is EXTENSIVE.)

*a phrase which will eternally remind me of Tori and her paperclip magic trick. "HOLY MOLY IT WORKED!!!"

No comments: