Monday, November 29, 2010

November, In Short

I just realized that I've only blogged once this month, and it's been a loooong time since I've only blogged once in a month. Lest you start to think that November was no good, here are a few noteworthy (and I say that loosely) things from the Great and Glorious November 2010.

1. I cut my hair. Short. Shorter than it's been since my mission or maybe 6th grade. There was a Tuesday night where I suddenly came home and was SO SICK of my hair that I could hardly stand it. I actually started looking for scissors and my roommate Heather agreed to do the deed. But then good sense took over and I just called and made an appointment for Friday with my actual hair stylist. But the wait was agonizing. My hair girl is Ashley and she is a magnificent hair goddess. She is the first professional hair person ever to make me feel good about my hair and gushes over my "amazing root structure!!" instead of saying things like, "What shampoo do you use? Your hair feels like you wax the floor with it." "Actually, that's just my hair..." 

2. Thanksgiving in North Carolina with Scott, Lex, the nephews, Burke, Cam, the Dad, and the Rusty. It was memorable. We golfed (well, I drove the golf cart, which counts) in 70 degree weather.


A Sample Thanksgiving Story:

Bennett, my 3 year-old nephew: What are you doing?
Me: Curling my hair.
Bennett: Why? (he's in that stage)
Me: Because it doesn't get curly enough on its own.
Bennett: Oh. (watches me curl) Hey, that's awesome!
(Long pause)
Bennett, pointing: Hey, your hair is BIG!!

Indeed.

3. And then I came home to a massive snow storm. It started snowing Saturday night and didn't stop once until Monday morning. Never have I seen so much snow on my car at one time. We're talking over a foot, people, and handy little Corolla did a-okay.

4. My roommate Heather was putting up a Christmas tree in our living room the other day, and I came bounding down the stairs and saw the tree and got so excited that I jumped up and down clapping and then ran into the kitchen, but I sort of also ran into Heather and pretty much knocked her over, but kept going and it kind of didn't register, but then I thought, "wait Mackenzie no you totally just ran into Heather," so I turned around and looked at her and said, "Wait I think I just ran into you," and she looked back. And then fell over. Because she's so little. And then we laughed ohhhh so hard. On a related note, I pulled my Christmas decorations out of storage today, complete with Fiber-Optic Snowman.



5. I made Kristy's one-thousandth Picture of the Day.  I am so proud. So, so proud.

Don't think that November wasn't even more amazing, but it's just that it's time for me to go to bed now. Ciao.

3 comments:

Megs said...

I love the hair! "You use pert?"

Anonymous said...

I love the hair, love your nephew, love the fiber-optic snowman in our living room, and especially LOVE when you knock me over (or throw me!) You're so great!:-)

Kelli said...

Your hair is totally cute. But what is root structure?? And why is yours so great??