Meet the cast:
Nate, 5
and Bennett, 8 months (you can't see it well here, but he typically has a mohawk that will not be tamed.)
Things We Do:
Tread water for 20 minutes straight catching child after child off of this really great landscaped slide
Cute things that have happened so far:
Nate picked up James and the Giant Peach from the library and I began reading it with him. We finished a couple chapters and he went right to bed. The next morning, I overheard him asking Scott, "When can we read some more of Peter and the Giant Orange?" Peach. It's a peach.
Grant, every time he toots, says, "'Scuse me, dat was so wude." EVERY TIME. So this happens, maybe, 10-15 times a day.
Little kid prayers that say things like, "Tank you for good food and for not feeling grumpy." According to Scott and Alexis, he always says thanks for the food regardless of what time of day it is.
At Family Night, it was Grant's turn to choose an opening song. I, being new to the show, was expecting a nice rendition of the classic "I am a Child of God," or perhaps "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam." Nope. He jumped up on the ottoman (the stage), threw his arms up in the air, and began singing, "What do you do with a scurvy pirate..." My favorite part was when he forgot the words, and Scott and Alexis both finished it for him.
And THIS:
Also, this doesn't qualify as cute, but the other day the phone rang. I checked out the Caller ID and it said, "Heigl, Katherine." And it was actually her. I chickened out and just handed it to Alexis without answering.
6 comments:
Sounds like a blast! You must be the coolest aunt in the world. And I just watched 27 dresses yesterday--love that Heigl!
oh mackenzie, i miss you.
My family would like an elaboration on the Heigl thing...Grey's is one of my favorite shows and we want to know...really? Is it her, and why in the world is she calling Lex?
What fun... I only have one but I sure could use a nanny or just someone to hang out with all day! I shot next summer:o)
Hey You----Glad your having a great time with the fam. Tell them all I said hello. Enjoy your summer there. Your blog is hillarious too.
Mandy
i laughed so many times reading this and winced only once: that demon baby picture up top. i'm sure he's generally adorable, yada yada yada, but he looks LIKE A MONSTER with no upper teeth. i'm afraid i might have nightmares tonight of a drooly creature gnawing on my hand.
Post a Comment