Because blogging truly lends itself to boasting, I have frequently used it as a forum for bragging about my various exploits. In keeping with themes, I would like to share another one of my accomplishments. I am fully aware that they're really nothing to scream about and involve no real skill or talent on my part, but it's all I've got to work with. Please recall former entries about winning the Oakland-Berkeley University Ward Spelling Bee 2008 (granted, it should have been a tie since it took Reid and me about 40 minutes back and forth before one of us finally spelled a word right; it just happened to be me only through luck), the Neopolitan sunburn of Summer 2007, managing to finally not look like a man in a jumping picture, and being the Best Surpriser Ever. These are only a few of my accomplishments.
I would like, today, to take advantage of this self-created opportunity to point out another of my almost-forgotten shining moments. I discovered something while cleaning out a bin under my bed. I can't figure why I didn't throw it away, or how it ever was deemed important enough to be one of the items I chose to take with me to California. However, as it has resurfaced and been reclaimed as a now-historical document, it deserves to be revealed to the public eye.
It involves one of my favorite people, Tina, to whom goes half the credit and accolades that this post is sure to bring us. We were at her house playing Cranium one evening, probably at least 5 years ago, and we were a team. A really awesome team, by the way. We established our awesomeness when I had to act out the word "kindergarten" in charades - I walked in, took off my backpack, hung up my coat, and sat down, and Tina immediately yelled out, "Kindergarten!" We then sealed it with the following drawing, which is what I discovered under my bed.

It's a historical figure. Tina, after a few guesses in the right direction, totally nailed it, and again, I was floored by our awesomeness and equally impressed by my stellar drawing skills and her impeccable guessing.
For the sake of suspense and to create a game that's at least fun for me, see if you can figure out what I was supposed to draw. Feel free to submit your answers as a comment on my blog.
7 comments:
Wow, I feel so honored to be mentioned in your blog of awesomeness! I do remember that night! We were awesome weren't we? Well, looking at the picture now, I don't know if I could guess it right again, but I did have a first thought...but I'd like to see what other people write first. Maybe I'll email my answer to you. Anyway, it will be interesting to see what others say.
Even though I have an extremely limited knowledge of history, I will venture a guess or two. Um... Buffalo Bill? Is that a real person? Maybe Sitting Bull? (his name was mentioned on a re-run of "The Weakest Link" today, otherwise I have no clue who he is!)
"what's more american than self-created opportunities? nothing. nothing..."
and i have no idea who that is. i'm pretty sure the part that is stumping me is the squiggly line rising up through the flag. what is that???!!! stop taunting me!!!
Alright..you're the history buff..BUT my first thought about the flag had to be something about the civil war...the bull and dead guy? I'm guessing the battle of bull run....and if I am correct I deserve some sort of prize for even pulling that one out of my butt! Teri
I have no idea but these are the only things swimming in my mind from the past... was it Mr. (Bald teacher who we thought had a crush on Mrs. Kovich?)'s class. See, I can't even remember his name. Anyways, here is my guess... the battle at Little big Horn I think they called it "Custards last Stand".....? I don't think I was there that night but that picture looks so familiar.
That was my guess too Emily!
The first thing that came to my mind was "Battle of Bull Run," but it says historical person so the next thing I thought was of Colonel Custer and "Custer's Last Stand," but I'm pretty sure that these two events have nothing to do with each other. I did feel validated in my guesses, however, when I saw other people put some of the same thoughts. So...what's the right answer Ms. Snow?
Post a Comment