Sunday, January 6, 2008

A Word of Warning...


Hi, folks. It's me. I've decided to add myself to the list of people I know who blog because it just seemed like something I should do. I hope you enjoy it and that it gives an accurate representation of my life. However, I feel I should preface this with a few words of warning:

1) I tend to be rather wordy.

2) I don't really have any reason to have a blog, other than that I come home sometimes with stories and random opinions on things and pictures that I think are cool and I need a semi-anonymous outlet of expression. I vaguely remember me telling my mother I was going to start a blog, and her responding, "Why? What are you going to put on it?" with a really dubious tone in her voice.

3) I'm easily entertained. I don't presume to say that everything (or anything) on here will be of much interest to you, although obviously it was to me.

4) I refuse to get caught in the trap of trying to make everything witty. I don't have the time.
5) If you find a typo, please do not sarcastically say, "I thought you were an English teacher?"

A little on me...

The picture above documents one of my greatest accomplishments of Summer 2007, affectionately known as the Neopolitan.

I teach 9th grade Language Arts at a school that shall remain unnamed. I'm slightly paranoid that somehow my students will google it or my name and discover my blog, and thus find all the stories I plan on telling about them and the dumb (but very adorable and endearing) things that they say. Maybe I'll just say "Bacaville High School" and swap the V for a B, but with my luck they'll probably spell it wrong on the Google search and manage to find it anyway. Just know that their names will always be in code.

On a related note, I'm obsessed with my students. I think they're hilarious and I thoroughly enjoy their company 90% of the time. Well, really I think it's just a way for me to get all the admiration, respect, and love that I crave, and 9th graders are easily won over.

I love Washington, my family (my twin brother Burke is a favorite conversation topic among my friends, who I have converted to the Burke Fan Club - secret's out, guys.), looking at historical photographs, anything related to the favored country of Portugal, making and then eating food, history textbooks and the classics, documentaries, classic rock (which, I'll be honest, I only listen to these days when I want to feel cooler than I am....lately I've been on a Scorpions kick), trees, driving in the rain, hiking in the summers with dad, skiing, my nephews, teaching 9th graders how to write essays and love reading, Bacaville High School (more so than my own high school), volleyball, and other things that I might discuss later. Oh, and most recently, guns. Who would have thought?

See? Wordy.

7 comments:

iamerica said...

Yeeaaahhhh!!! Welcome to the blogo-sphere. I'll be watching. Muah ha ha ha haaaaa (laughs evilly and rubs hands together).

Sharalea said...

YOU ARE FABULOUS. love the pics. love the portuguese flag cake (who made it?). love your explanation of why you're blogging. LOVE THAT YOU ARE BLOGGING! :)

Anonymous said...

Okay, so you do have something to say....however, more positive comments about your loving, adorable, best mother ever would have been nice. (Now that you're blogging, I'll have to be careful what I say.)

The Snow Family said...

Yay! A fellow blogger in the family! I'm thrilled! Why no fan club for Scott?? I would join :)We can't wait to hear what Aunt Kenzie has to say!! Post often!

Megs said...

I'm so excited that you're blogging! I check my friends blogs very regularly, so I expect to see frequent, if not deeply profound, comments on your blog. Maybe I should post something recent on mine...

Melissa said...

So, I was up feeding Abby in the middle of the night and in my half awake state I realized, "See Mack Snow"/ C. Mack Snow" Very clever! It was great seeing you over break!

courtney said...

cmack--you've got to post at least three times before my brain will remember to check back regularly. can i have some more please? it's delightful.