Last year, my friend Curt and I drove together to California across the barren wasteland that is Nevada and had a grand old time. We decided that we must road trip again in the future. So a few weeks ago, I got the following text from him:
"I'm going to Tahoe this weekend. Want to come?"
Me: "Um....hold on."
I texted Burke, "Are you working this weekend?"
"No. Why?"
Me, in my head: MIRACLES HAPPEN!!
"I'm coming to Tahoe. Meet me there?"
Burke obliged. Enthusiastically, I might add.
So Curt and I took off Friday afternoon after work and headed across Nevada (which I hate. If you haven't picked up on it yet.) We left at 4ish and rolled into South Lake Tahoe at about midnight or so. I was starving so I made Curt stop at Jack in the Box, but suddenly when we walked inside I was COMPLETELY DELIRIOUSLY TIRED and could barely form a coherent sentence to the poor young man at the register. I think I left him very, very concerned.
But we got to Tahoe, crashed on bunk beds at some random cabin some 20 friends of his had rented, and Burke met me there the next morning. We went hiking, had pizza, walked around the stores at the base of Heavenly, where we both, separately, determined that this particular fountain's rock formation looked like a geoduck. It didn't really, but weirdly, we were both reminded of them. It's because we're twins, I think. (On a related note, I had a dream last night that Lopez got totally commercialized and they built a big crane in the middle of Shoal Bay and ruined our view and I woke up SO. TICKED.)
Pictures:
Burke also realized about halfway through the hike that we were basically wearing the same outfit. I thought it was cute. He didn't.
The next morning Curt and I went to the South Lake Tahoe ward for church, where I was informed that the organist had fallen and hurt herself and could I please play the piano for sacrament meeting?
Then we drove back across Nevada.
I will do really unpleasant things to spend time with Burke. I sure do like him.
2 comments:
I'm not sure why I'm laughing hysterically about the injured organist...
I really like Burke too, and Tahoe... I'm completely jealous of this post... even though it's slightly outdated :-)
Post a Comment