I almost completely forgot about this hilarious conversation today in the faculty room during lunch:
Tori, one of the other counselors: "This kiwi is so good!"
Karen, the school psychologist: (looks at the kiwi) "I don't think I've ever actually had kiwi before."
Me: "YOU'VE NEVER HAD KIWI????"
Karen: "No....I don't know, I'm not a very adventurous eater."
Me: "Kiwi's not an adventure. It's just fruit."
Weird, right?? Who hasn't had kiwi? Kiwi's, like, standard. Like mangos. And artichokes.
5 comments:
There's a woman in my ward who grew up in Modesto or Merced or somewhere like that in the central valley--in other words, somewhere completely un-adventurous--on a kiwi farm. It sort of killed any exotic-ness the kiwi ever had for me. Honestly, though, all I see when I look at kiwi are canker sores, which is what I get when I eat them. :(
I love Kiwis! I remember being sad that I would no longer have access to these delicious fruits when I moved back to India, and then one day, I happened to find them in a grocery store, and oh joy! I even took a picture to celebrate the occasion!!
Mmm! We had kiwis for dinner. I wish there were some left...
And mangos are gross (o:
David had never eaten a full artichoke until he married me...when I put them on the table he didn't even know where to begin...it was awesome.
He does love kiwi and mango though...so I guess I can give him that:)
Kiwis are definitely standard. They are one of my kids favorites! Mangos also standard. Artichokes...that was something I don't think I tasted until an adult and I still wouldn't know how to prepare them. I guess it just depends on what you grow up with.
Post a Comment