Last weekend, because great things happen in my life for absolutely no reason at all, I flew to North Carolina for 3 days for a whoppin' TWO HUNDRED AND THIRTEEN DOLLARS to see Scott, Alexis, and the boys. $213!!! That is a smashing deal. Thank you, Travelocity, for this obscure bargain going from the great metropolitan SFO to Greensboro, a podunk little airport that requires you to arrive on a plane so small you have to duck walking down the aisle (are there really so few people taller than 5'11"?). And to make this bargain just a little bit brighter, I even got 4 whole cans of ginger ale in the mix....for FREE! Can you believe Northwest Airlines is just givin' those away?? They even let me take a carry-on suitcase without having to pay! Isn't that so super generous? (Read: I did not even get a measly bag of PEANUTS. Did you hear that? Two cross-country flights with NOT A SINGLE SNACK provided. WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO!!)
Additionally, because I am of the opinion that this blog is really more for my own enjoyment than anyone else's (you guys reread your own blogs several times, too, right??), here are some more pics of my nephews 'cause they're so handsome and now I have new pics to look at when I'm at work and need a moment of sunshine. This is not to say that my students aren't bright and shiny rays of light all the time, because I got a half-birthday card and 1 1/2 candy bars today in celebration of my half-birthday - oddly enough, I rarely remind people of my actual birthday, but I usually make my half-birthday pretty well announced - and my 5th period class called Burke and sang him a rousing rendition of "Happy Half-Birthday," so there are no complaints from me.
Happy Valentine's Day!
I think babies might be the new future of soccer. It's hard to kick a ball straight into the cherubic face of a one year-old goalie.
.
5 comments:
Yep I reread my own blog posts so you are not alone. We got Hunter to take his first steps for a box of Krispy Kreme's. boys and their food.
By the way Happy Half-Birthday!!
Airlines...I just hate them so much.
Great deal! I recently flew for Adam's wedding, and I couldn't believe the insanity! I guess I haven't flown for a few years, but come on! Paying for bags? $2 for a cup of soda--a cup! Not even the whole can? It's bad enough that I can't find a can of mousse small enough to carry on...
happy half birthday mackenzie! i also had a greaty half celebrated with cupcakes, yum! too bad you don't try and find deals to ny. i could be just as cute as your nephews!
I agree that i think our nephews are sooo dang cute! I loved the walking video, thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment